Your Shopping Bag is Empty
Terms & Conditions
Welcome to brownthomas.com. We would like you to have the best possible experience with us. To find out more about our website please see the Terms and Conditions in detail below.
By using this website you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety you must immediately stop using this website.
The Brown Thomas website is provided solely for your personal use.
You may not use this website for any commercial purpose. References in these Terms and Conditions to “we”, “us” and “Brown Thomas” are to Brown Thomas Arnotts Limited with registration number 1407, Registered Address: 92 Grafton Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
- We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, prices, photographic representations and descriptions of products appearing on the website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the appearances, colours, textures or finishes of our products that appear on the website. What you see will depend on your monitor and computer equipment, we are therefore unable to guarantee that the product images are an accurate representation of the actual merchandise. Please refer to our Returns Policy if you are unhappy with your purchase.
- We will not be liable for any reason if the Brown Thomas website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of or the entire Brown Thomas website.
- All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Non-acceptance of your order may be due to any one or more of the following non-exhaustive reasons:
- The product you ordered is out of stock;
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment;
- We have identified a pricing or product description error;
- There is a system or procurement failure; and Failed customer validation checks.
- When you place an order on our website we will email you an acknowledgement detailing the product you have ordered. This email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Brown Thomas.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and Brown Thomas will take place when your order has been dispatched. We will email you when your order has been dispatched. We reserve the right to dispatch multiple orders separately.
- A gift message facility is available on certain orders and is available for your own personal and strictly non-commercial use. We do not take any responsibility for the contents of messages communicated by you to a third party. Where you use this facility you agree that your message will not include any content that could be construed as defamatory, abusive, obscene, racist, offensive, harassing, threatening, vulgar or which could cause embarrassment or distress to any person. You agree not to impersonate any person, including but not limited to any of our employees or customers.
- We email customers who have registered with us to find out about our latest products and special offers. If you prefer not to receive emails from us, you can click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the end of our emails. We also email members of our loyalty programme with information related to the operation and administration of the programme.
- If you wish to update your details you can call our Loyalty Team on 01 667 7222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The personal information that you provide will be used by Brown Thomas (and related Group companies) in the processing of your transactions, for updating you on the status of your orders, and to offer you an exceptional customer experience through keeping you informed about new products, services, events, promotions and other news.
- We use carefully selected third parties from time to time to provide these services and some may be based outside of Ireland and the EU in countries such as the USA.
Brown Thomas Click & Collect is a convenient and complimentary service which enables you to place an order online and collect from your nearest store, with no additional charge. Please note the following Terms & Conditions for our Click & Collect service.
Click & Collect: Payment and Order holding period
Payment authorisation is taken at the time you place your order, and full payment is taken when your order is sent to your store for collection; this will be before the order is collected.
Delivery to store
*Please note deliveries will arrive in your selected store from Monday to Friday.
Order Holding Period
We will keep your order at your preferred store for 14 days, from the date of receipt to store. After this period we will contact you to either process a refund via your original method of payment or have the item/s returned. If for any reason you are unable to collect your order when it’s ready please contact Online Customer Services Team to make an alternative arrangement.
Please contact our Online Customer Services Team +353 (0) 818 303 062 or email email@example.com.
For more information on our Returns policy please read here.
Click & Collect: Documentation for collection or return of items
Only you or a nominated contact can collect your order. The person you nominate must be someone who lives at your address.
If you are collecting your order yourself please make sure you bring the following documentation:
1. A copy of your ‘Ready for Collection’ email or show this document on your phone or tablet.
2. The payment card that you used to purchase the items, or photographic ID (a driving license, passport or loyalty card).
If someone collects on your behalf please make sure they bring the following documentation:
1. A copy of your ‘Ready for Collection’ email or show this document on phone or tablet.
2. A Photographic ID (a driving license, passport or your loyalty card).
3. Proof of address (bill or bank statement).
Terms & Conditions for Click & Collect remain the same as our stores. See our Terms & Conditions here.
Looking for more information on Click & Collect Terms & Conditions? Please contact our Online Customer Services Team on +353 (0) 818 303 062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Standard delivery services are provided by An Post.
During the festive season please allow up to 10 days for delivery and click and collect.
- Same Day and Nominated Delivery options (Dublin only) are provided by our courier partner, Wheels.
Same Day delivery offers two delivery slots; 3pm - 7pm and 7pm - 11pm. Cut off times for these delivery slots are 4 hours prior; 11am for 3pm - 7pm slot and 3pm cut off for the 7pm -10pm slot. Delivery slots are subject to thresholds and may be increased or reduced at our discretion. Please be advised that certain products may be excluded from this service.
Nominated Day Delivery slots will deliver an order a minimum of 24 hours after and a maximum of 28 days post order on a day selected by the customer at time of order.
Wheels will attempt to deliver twice, in the case that the order is undeliverable, order will be returned to Brown Thomas.
- Weekend delivery services (Dublin only) are provided by our courier partner and are available to all customers with a delivery address in Dublin. Weekend deliveries can be placed between Monday 12.00am and Friday 12.30pm for delivery over the coming weekend.
On Friday evening prior to your delivery, you will be contacted by SMS and assigned a two hour delivery slot. Please note: it is important that you provide a mobile phone number when ordering a weekend delivery where possible.
If the assigned delivery slot does not suit, you can contact our courier partner to reschedule the delivery. The available timeslots are: 9am-11am, 11am-1pm, 2pm-4pm, 4pm-6pm. If you are unable to accept and sign for your delivery, our courier partner will call you to arrange an alternative delivery time. If they cannot get in contact with you, they will leave a calling card and you can contact them to rearrange an alternative delivery time.
- Please note that your delivery may take longer during sale or other busy periods. We are unable to guarantee delivery earlier than this time frame.
- We will make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales. However, delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors or events outside our control, for example extreme weather, a flood or fire. Brown Thomas shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within estimated timescales.
- Risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date when the products are delivered to you.
- We will notify you of the delivery cost at the time we acknowledge your order. For bespoke or special delivery items a separate communication of delivery cost may be made. For details of our delivery charges, please refer to our 'Dispatch and Delivery' section.
- We currently deliver to the island of Ireland only, but we will accept orders from customers living outside of Ireland.
- You can have goods from the same order shipped to multiple addresses. Select this option at purchase and click on the ‘Edit' buttons in your shopping bag to select an address for each item.
- You may receive your order in two separate packages, from the same order. In this case it is imperative to send your returns to the address on the respective package to ensure your return items to the correct Brown Thomas dispatch destination.
- BT Plus is an online delivery subscription service of Brown Thomas & Co. Limited, 88-92 Grafton Street, Dublin 2, VAT No. IE8V56031J.
- BT Plus gives you unlimited standard delivery for 12 months for an annual fee of €14.95, on all orders that you place using brownthomas.com.
- BT Plus only covers outbound delivery of online orders, it does not cover returns. For details of our returns policy for online orders, please refer here.
- In order to subscribe to BT Plus, you will need a registered Brown Thomas online account. You can create an account when making a purchase.
- The start date of your BT Plus subscription will be the date on which you purchased it, after which, it will expire 12 months after this date. 10 days prior to the expiry date you will receive an email reminding you this service is due to expire. BT Plus does not automatically renew, meaning that once it has expired, should you wish to continue using BT Plus, you will need to purchase another subscription.
- BT Plus is only available on one delivery address within an order, if you would like to send to multiple addresses within the same order only one Standard Delivery will be available for free with this service.
- Delivery will be made by An Post in the Republic of Ireland and An Post's delivery partner in Northern Ireland.
- Your BT Plus subscription is non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- Please note that BT Plus may not apply to certain brands or products, such as the purchase of Brown Thomas Gift Cards. Please note that the list of brands and/or products which are excluded from BT Plus subscription service may be subject to change. At the checkout process, you will be notified if the relevant brand or product is excluded from the BT Plus subscription service.
- BT Plus is for personal use only and is not available for business, re-sale or wholesale purposes.
- BT Plus cannot be bought as a gift for another person. It can only be used by the person who has purchased a BT Plus subscription. However, you can use your BT Plus subscription to deliver items that you have purchased from Brown Thomas.com to your friends and family.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, amend or remove any part of these terms and conditions from time to time and it is your responsibility to check them for changes or updates. In addition to these terms and conditions, the Brown Thomas.com terms and conditions shall apply to all your online orders, and these can be found here.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your use of BT Plus is in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions by you will result in the termination of your subscription, for which, no refund will be given. Brown Thomas, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to accept or refuse any request to subscribe to BT Plus.
- By purchasing a BT Plus subscription, you accept these terms and conditions, and you also accept that Brown Thomas will hold your data for performance analysis of BT Plus. Further, you accept that we may contact you to provide you with recommendations and information about BT Plus exclusive events and offers.
- Brown Thomas reserves the right to change the price of a BT Plus subscription at any point, details of which shall be provided here. Please note that any changes to this price will not affect any current BT Plus subscription that you already have; however, once that has expired, should you wish to purchase a new subscription then the new pricing will apply.
- If, for any reason, you wish to cancel any order you have placed and it has not been dispatched, please contact our Brown Thomas Customer Service team on +353 (0)818 303062 or at email@example.com.
- It is our policy to try to process orders immediately; however, it may not always be possible to stop an order from being dispatched. After dispatch our Returns Policy will apply. Please note that your right to return goods does not apply to certain products as set out in our Returns Policy.
- We will refund or exchange any item you are not completely happy with if you return it to us within 28 days of the item being delivered to your nominated address. Please return items in their original condition, unused, in their original packaging, with garment tags and ‘do not remove tag’ still attached. Please do re-use the delivery packaging provided; it has been especially designed for you to do this.
- We cannot refund or exchange beauty items including toiletries and cosmetics which have been opened, tested or partially used and which cannot be returned in the same physical state to which they were purchased.
This does not apply to faulty or incorrectly supplied goods where your statutory rights are unaffected.
Where cosmetics and earrings are protected by hygiene seals, you are required to take reasonable care by not removing the hygiene seals. Refunds will not be provided in such circumstances unless the goods are faulty.
Where promotional discounts are applied to orders, in the event of a return, you will not be refunded the discounted proportion. Additionally any complimentary promotional gift given with an order must also be returned if you are returning those goods to which the gift related.
How to return or exchange:You can return items to brownthomas.com by post or to any of our Brown Thomas stores free of charge within 28 days of receipt of your order. Please note items must be returned within this time-frame and be in a saleable condition. This means returning the item(s) to us in its original condition, unused, in its original packaging, with garment tags and ‘do not remove tag’ still attached.
Once we have received the item(s) a refund will be issued to your credit/debit card. This will appear on your account within five to ten days depending on your card issuer.
If you have any queries about returning items please contact our Brown Thomas Online Customer Services team on +353 (0)818 303062 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postal returnsTo return items by post, please use the prepaid returns label provided on the back of your dispatch invoice. It is advisable for you to obtain proof of postage as we will not be held responsible for lost or damaged item(s) through the post.
You may receive your order in two separate packages from the same order. In this case it is imperative to send your returns to the address on the respective package to ensure your return items to the correct Brown Thomas dispatch destination.
In-store returnsYou can also return products to a Brown Thomas store. Please ensure that you bring the original confirmation email and dispatch invoice with you as proof of purchase.
You must ensure that you return the original undamaged packaging along with the item( s) you are unhappy with. We will consider the condition of the goods being returned before deciding whether to make a refund.
In these Terms:
“Account” has the meaning set out in Section 1.11 below;
“App” means the digital Brown Thomas Loyalty digital or Arnotts digital loyalty card in the Brown Thomas or Arnotts App, available on the Apple IOS operating system and the Android operating system;
“Loyalty Card” means (i) the physical loyalty card which can be used in both Brown Thomas and Arnotts: and/or
(ii) the App (except in Sections 1.2, 1.3 and 2.16 where reference to the Brown Thomas Loyalty Card is only to the physical loyalty card);
“Gift Card” means a Brown Thomas Gift Card purchased at: any Brown Thomas or BT2 store or at www.brownthomas.com;
“In-store” means any Brown Thomas or BT2 store and Arnotts Department Store located at 12 Henry Street, Dublin 1;
“Online” means via the Brown Thomas or Arnotts website or other such Brown Thomas or Arnotts websites or web-based service as designated by Brown Thomas Arnotts from time to time;
“Member” means the holder of an Account;
“Points” has the meaning set out in Section 2.1 below;
“Programme” means the Brown Thomas Loyalty programme as described in, and subject to, these Terms;
“Loyalty Card” means (i) the physical Loyalty Card used in Brown Thomas, and/or
(ii) the App (except in Sections 1.2, 1.3 and 2.21 where reference to the Loyalty Card is only to the physical loyalty card);
“Primary Card” means the primary Loyalty Card on an Account, designated to accumulate and redeem loyalty points.
“Associate Cardd” means a secondary Loyalty Card/s on an Account, designated to accumulate loyalty points which may only be redeemed by the Primary Card.
1.1 The promoter of the Programme is Brown Thomas Arnotts Limited (“Brown Thomas Arnotts” “Brown Thomas” “Arnotts” or “we”) with registered offices at 92 Grafton Street Dublin 2. Except as indicated in these Terms, the Programme applies equally to transactions carried out in Brown Thomas and Arnotts, subject to these Terms.
1.2 The Brown Thomas Loyalty Card is the property of Brown Thomas Arnotts and it must be promptly returned to Brown Thomas or Arnotts or destroyed if so requested by Brown Thomas Arnotts.
1.3 In the event that a Brown Thomas Loyalty Card is damaged, lost or stolen, Brown Thomas Arnotts may, at its discretion, provide a replacement loyalty card. Replacement cards can be obtained In-store and registered either In-store or Online. Brown Thomas Arnotts does not accept any liability for lost, stolen or damaged Loyalty Cards.
1.4 The Brown Thomas Loyalty Card is not a credit, payment or cheque guarantee card.
1.5 Brown Thomas Arnotts may amend these Terms from time to time. Brown Thomas Arnotts may notify Members of any changes to these Terms. Notices detailing any revised Terms will be available Online or on the App. If a Member uses their Brown Thomas Loyalty Card following a change in the Programme the Member will be deemed to have accepted the change. Brown Thomas Arnotts may revoke membership of the Programme at any time and if so, any Points the Member has accumulated with Brown Thomas and/or Arnotts in respect of the Programme will be forfeited. In each case, Brown Thomas Arnotts will not be liable for any resulting loss or damage.
1.6 In addition to paragraph 2.20, Members must present a plastic or digital Brown Thomas or Arnotts Loyalty Card, when making a purchase in order to earn points on that purchase. Members earn 1 point for every €1 spent. Points earned on In store transactions will be applied to a Member’s account and available to spend within 72 hours of the transaction.
1.7 Membership is tiered according to each Member’s combined spend with both Arnotts and Brown Thomas, and each tier of membership offers enhanced benefits. Brown Thomas Arnotts reserves the right to change a Member’s tier at its discretion where the Member’s spend substantially decreases.
1. Black Tier membership applies to Members who have spent up €1,000 in a calendar year.
Black Plus Tier
2. Black Plus Tier membership applies to Members who have spent over €1,000 and up to €4,999 in a calendar year.
- Platinum membership applies to Members who have spent over €5,000 in a calendar year.
- Platinum Memberships expire annually.
- Platinum Membership will be retained for a full year once the Member meets the Platinum criteria of €5,000 spend in the previous calendar year.
If a Member spends more than €5,000 within a calendar year they will start to earn 2 points for every additional €1 spent and will continue to earn 2 points for every €1 spent provided their annual spend exceeds €5,000.
1.9 Points can only be earned at the higher threshold from the day following the purchase which qualified the Member for the increased points. Increased points will not be applied retrospectively to any element of the qualifying purchase. Brown Thomas Arnotts may also offer bonus points in its absolute discretion at certain times. Members can check their points balance by setting up an on-line account at www.brownthomas.com and linking their loyalty card.
1.10 Members may redeem Points as outlined in Section 2.5 below subject to all applicable laws and regulations and subject also to income tax and other taxes which shall be the sole liability and responsibility of the Member. Brown Thomas Arnotts does not accept any liability for Points (as defined below) accrued on or redeemed from the loyalty card without the Member’s knowledge.
1.11 To become a Member an applicant must become a registered account holder by creating an account and completing a hard copy registration form and submitting it to Brown Thomas In-store or an online registration form on the Brown Thomas website, or via the App available for Apple iOS or Android operating systems on Google Play or Apple App Store (not all Android devices may be supported). Once the Account is created and validated by Brown Thomas Arnotts the Brown Thomas Loyalty Account becomes active.
1.12 A notification email of the successful and completed account information will be sent to Members upon the Account becoming active.
1.13 The Member is obliged to notify Brown Thomas Arnotts in writing of any change in the Member’s address or other Member details. Member addresses can be updated online or by emailing the loyalty team at email@example.com
1.14 Brown Thomas Arnotts may, at its discretion, suspend, alter, amend or terminate the Programme at any time on giving reasonable notice to the Members, which notice may be given online, on the App, through email communication to the Members or by displaying notices In-store.
1.15 Brown Thomas Arnotts reserves the right to decline, issue or withdraw the Brown Thomas Loyalty Card at any time without prior notice to the Members. For the avoidance of doubt, in such an event, the Member shall be withdrawn from both the Brown Thomas loyalty programme and the Arnotts Wonder Card Programme. Members may be removed from the Programme at any time at the discretion of Brown Thomas Arnotts.
1.16 All Members must be at least 18-years-old on the date of creation of his/her Account.
1.17 The Programme is only available to customers with a billing address within the island of Ireland. Unfortunately, if a billing address is entered which is outside of the island of Ireland, the earning and burning of loyalty Points is not possible.
1.18 Brown Thomas Arnotts staff, retired staff and concession staff may participate in this Programme, but are not eligible to redeem Points against Brown Thomas loyalty related competitions or games, or against Member-only product offers.
1.19 Membership of the Programme is personal to the Member. Each Member is responsible for the proper use and security of his/her Loyalty Card and his/her Points. Where a Member has been given (or where a Member has chosen) a password which enables the Member to access certain parts of Online or the App the Member is responsible for keeping this password confidential. A Member cannot share or transfer his/her Points. A Member may link one or more Associate Cards to a single Account, for the sole purpose of accumulating points on that Account. However, each Account may only have one Primary Card linked, which can be used to redeem any accumulated points on that Account. A maximum of ten cards may be linked to any one Account
2. THE PROGRAMME
2.1 Points can be earned by Members: 1) on purchases In-store and Online with Brown Thomas and Arnotts and 2) by redemption of Gift Cards;
2.2 Points cannot be earned by Members: 1) on the purchase of Gift Card/s; 2) on delivery charges; 3) on In-store parking; 4) on In-store gratuities; 5) on In-store alterations; 6) on purchases of wedding gifts; 7) on Points redeemed; 8) purchase of alcohol and 9) on any other item not listed in Section 2.1 above.
2.3 Members can only redeem Points In-store and on Online or via the App.
2.4 Points cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash at any time.
2.5 Brown Thomas Arnotts has the right at its sole discretion to determine from time to time which products and services qualify for Points and the number of Points that will be credited for a transaction.
2.6 Points have no monetary value and cannot be sold, transferred or otherwise dealt with except in accordance with these Terms.
2.7 On the return of an item that earned Points, the number of Points earned on that transaction shall be deducted from Member’s Account balance. The deduction will occur when (i) a refund is completed In-store in accordance with Brown Thomas Arnotts’ returns and refund policies, or (ii) if the return is an item purchased online, when the returned item is processed by Brown Thomas Arnotts and the customer’s refund is completed in accordance with Brown Thomas Arnotts’ returns and refund policies. In these events, the Points earned on the item returned will not be deducted immediately from the Member’s viewable Account balance. Instead, the Points balance will be frozen until such time as Member earns the equivalent number of Points.
2.8 If a Member has redeemed Points towards the payment (full or part payment) of an item that is subsequently returned in accordance with Brown Thomas Arnotts’ returns policy these Points will be credited back on to the Account at the time of the completion of the return of the item.
2.9 If the Points earned on a transaction have been redeemed by the Member at the time of the return of that item, the Account will show a decrease in an amount commensurate to the value of the returned item.
2.10 Where the Points earned on a transaction have been redeemed by a Member prior to the return of an item, causing the account to go into a negative balance, the Points balance will temporarily appear as zero in the Member’s Account and will only appear as a positive balance once a sufficient number of Points have been accumulated on the Account.
2.11 If a product acquired through the redemption of Points is damaged or defective in any way, Brown Thomas Arnotts defective product policy will apply. If the Member chooses not to accept a replacement product, Brown Thomas Arnotts will credit the Account for the number of Points redeemed.
2.12 On 30th September each year, Points earned in the previous calendar year will expire.
2.13 Members will receive a statement of Account (“Statement”) each month by email. The Statement will contain notice of the number of Points on the Member’s Account.
2.14 Members will have six months from the date that the Programme is terminated to redeem Points after which the Points shall be forfeited.
2.15 Points cannot be transferred between Accounts or donated towards social causes. For the avoidance of doubt, replacement of a lost or stolen Brown Thomas Loyalty Card (see Section 1.3) does not result in the creation of a new Account for the Member. Where Member’s card is lost or stolen, Member may download the Brown Thomas App and digital Brown Thomas Loyalty Card. If Member has already linked their Brown Thomas Loyalty Card to an online account, their virtual Brown Thomas Loyalty Card will be available in the App. If Member has not linked their card to an online account, they can download the App and contact Brown Thomas Arnotts Customer Service to have their Brown Thomas Loyalty Card linked. Alternatively, Member may request a replacement physical Brown Thomas Loyalty Card which will then need to be linked to the Member’s existing Account. This can be done by emailing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting Brown Thomas Arnotts Customer Services on 0818 303 062.
Allocation of Retrospective Points
2.16 The Member is obliged to notify Brown Thomas Arnotts in writing of any change in the Member’s address or other Member details, by emailing the relevant details to email@example.com. Alternatively, customers can update their own details online where they have an online account, on the ‘My Account’ section on the website.
2.17 If a Member is not in possession of his/her physical Loyalty Card or Digital Card on the App (if he or she has registered through the App) at time of the transaction In-store, The Member can have their points added to their Loyalty Account by emailing a copy of their receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It may take up to 5 days before retrospectively added points appear on Member’s account. Members can avail of this service up to 28 days from the date of the transaction.
3. LOYALTY BENEFITS
3.1 Double Points on Sustainable Edit
All Brown Thomas Loyalty Members earn an additional 1 point for every €1 spent on products from the Sustainable Edit range with Brown Thomas and Arnotts, both in store and online. Platinum Members earn 3 points for every €1 spent on products in the Sustainable Edit range; 2 standard points plus 1 additional point for every €1 spent on products from the range. Items in the Sustainable product range are subject to change. It may take up to 7 days for the additional points to be added to a Member’s loyalty account.
3.2 Birthday Points
In order to qualify for the Birthday Bonus Points, Brown Thomas Loyalty Members must have provided a date of birth when registering for the loyalty programme. Triple points apply to all eligible purchases made with Brown Thomas In store or online, in the 7 days before, on the day of and 7 days after the Member’s birthday. Depending on the birthday date and when the Member shops it may take up to 21 days for birthday points to be added to the Member’s loyalty account.
3.3 Hands Free Shopping
Hands-Free Shopping service is available free of charge, to all Brown Thomas Loyalty Members and is available in selected Brown Thomas stores. Shopping must be collected on the same day of purchase and all bags collected at least 30 minutes before the store closes. Customers will be required to provide their full name and a mobile number when requesting the service, and to present their receipt when collecting their shopping. All goods left with Brown Thomas shall remain at the sole risk of the Member and Brown Thomas does not accept any liability for lost or stolen goods howsoever arising. This services may be unavailable at certain times and is not currently available in BT2 stores.
3.4 Free Tea or Coffee (or Dessert for Platinum tier Members) When Dining
Black Plus tier Members are entitled to a free regular tea or coffee drink when ordering a main course in participating restaurants in Brown Thomas stores. Platinum tier Members are entitled to ether a free regular tea or coffee drink or free dessert in the same sitting, when ordering a main course in participating restaurants in Brown Thomas stores: Hugh Brown’s Restaurant in Brown Thomas Grafton Street, Table Restaurant in Brown Thomas Cork, Browns Bar and Café in Brown Thomas Limerick.
In order to redeem the benefits, the Member must provide proof that they are a Member of Brown Thomas Loyalty programme, are Black Plus or Platinum Member tier (as applicable) at the time of redemption by presenting their digital Loyalty Card on the App. This benefit is subject to availability.
3.5 Free Home Delivery from Store
Free Home Delivery from Store is available exclusively to Brown Thomas Platinum tier Members. In order to redeem the benefit, the Member must provide proof that they are a Platinum tier Member at the time of booking. The service is available in Brown Thomas stores and delivery will be made on the same day or next day depending on the store, availability of the service and the Member’s delivery address. For same day delivery, requests must be made before 4pm. For next day delivery, requests must be made before 6pm. The service is available only within a radius of 15 kilometres form the store location. All goods left with Brown Thomas shall remain at the sole risk of the Member and Brown Thomas does not accept any liability for lost or stolen goods howsoever arising. Same day delivery available in Brown Thomas Dublin. Next day delivery available in Brown Thomas Cork, Limerick and Galway. This benefit is subject to availability.
3.6 Fitting Room at Home
Brown Thomas Loyalty Platinum tier Members are entitled to up to two complimentary Fitting Room at Home services in a calendar year. Members must provide proof of their Platinum tier status, by sharing their loyalty account number at the time of booking. If a customer loses their Platinum status before they have redeemed the service a second time in a year, they are deemed ineligible for the second service. Members can choose up to 20 items or items up to a value of €20,000 per appointment. The service is available within a 15 kilometre radius of the store location. This benefit is subject to availability and is not available from BT2 stores.
3.7 Complimentary Basic Alterations
The complimentary basic alterations service is available exclusively to Brown Thomas Loyalty Members who are designated as Platinum tier Members at the time of purchase. Members are required to provide proof that they are Platinum tier Members at that time. Alterations available with this benefit are cuff and hem alterations: sleeve length, skirt/dress length and trouser/jeans length. Home delivery on alternated garments is available only where the delivery address is within a 15 kilometre radius of the store where the item was purchased. Members whose address is outside of this radius of the store will be able to collect the altered items from the store the items were purchased from. The service is available in all Brown Thomas stores. The service is not available in BT2 stores. All goods left with Brown Thomas shall remain at the sole risk of the Member and Brown Thomas Arnotts shall not be liable for lost or stolen goods howsoever arising. This benefit is subject to availability.
3.8 Other Benefits
Brown Thomas Loyalty Members can enjoy lots of other exclusive benefits including complimentary Personal Shopping for all tiers, free standard home delivery on online purchases for Brown Thomas Loyalty Platinum Members, invitations to in-store shows and events and occasional surprise treats in store. Brown Thomas Loyalty Members can also avail of many of the benefits listed above and can earn and spend points with Arnotts as well as Brown Thomas, both online and in-store. Visit Arnotts.ie for details and terms and conditions.
4. DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
4.2 Accounts and transactions may be monitored in order for us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
4.4 Brown Thomas Arnotts can also use information relating to sets or groups of Members, without identifying Members, to enhance its understanding of Member behaviour and enable Brown Thomas Arnotts to improve its service in general.
4.5 A Member can 'opt out' of such marketing communications at any time, free of charge, if he/she does not want to be contacted by Arnotts for direct marketing purposes, by ticking the appropriate box on the Registration Form or App or by contacting the Brown Arnotts Customer Services on 0818 303 062.
4.6 A Member has the right to request his/her data currently held by Brown Thomas Arnotts. Member may also have the right to rectify, block or erase his or her personal data to the extent that it is inaccurate. Subject to applicable law, Brown Thomas Arnotts will provide Member with a copy of his/her personal data as soon as practicable. There may be a charge for such a request (which will not be higher than an amount permitted by applicable law, currently €6.35). Brown Thomas Arnotts may also request proof of identification to verify Member’s access request. Any queries in relation to personal data should be sent in writing to: The Data Protection Officer, Brown Thomas Arnotts Ltd., 92 Grafton Street, Dublin 2. If Member’s personal data held by Brown Thomas Arnotts is inaccurate, Member should inform Brown Thomas Arnotts in writing so that the necessary amendments can be made and to erase or block the relevant personal data as requested by Member. Brown Thomas Arnotts will notify Member within 40 days of such request that the relevant action has been taken. All such requests should be addressed to: Data Protection Officer, Brown Thomas Arnotts Ltd., 92 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.
4.7 It is important that Members’ personal data is kept up to date in order that Brown Thomas Arnotts can operate the Programme effectively. If a Member wishes to change or update Member’s personal data on his/her Account, Member can do so (i) online by updating the ‘My Account’ page; (ii) by contacting the dedicated Brown Thomas Arnotts Help Desk on; or (iii) by changing his or her profile via the Self Service Menu on the App. For customers who have an online account with both Brown Thomas and Arnotts, changes made to Member personal data on his/her account on each website will be reflected on the other.
4.9 Brown Thomas Arnotts may disclose Members’ personal data if it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Brown Thomas Arnotts may disclose personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If Brown Thomas Arnotts or all or some of its assets are acquired by a third party, Members’ personal data may be one of the transferred assets. Such disclosure or transfer will not alter a Member’s rights in respect of the use that can be made of personal data by the successor or acquiring company.
4.10 Brown Thomas Arnotts may assign and transfer all of its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. You may not assign your rights under these Terms without prior written consent of Brown Thomas Arnotts.
4.11 y either signing the hard copy registration form, registering online through the registration form or the sign-up screen on the App, Member agrees to abide by the Terms and this Data Protection Notice.
5.1 If any provision of these Terms is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force.
5.2 All other conditions, warranties or other terms which might have effect between the parties or be implied or incorporated into these terms or any collateral contract, whether by statute, common law or otherwise, are hereby excluded, including the implied conditions, warranties or other terms as to satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or the use of reasonable skill and care.
5.3 Other than for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of the Brown Thomas Arnotts, to the extent permitted by law, Brown Thomas Arnotts shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions, entry, or in connection with the Programme.
5.4 These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Welcome to brownthomas.com. These Terms & Conditions relate to the Brown Thomas Appointment Booking website. This website allows customers to make appointments with Brown Thomas with a selection of departments and brands.
Please be sure to read, and make sure you understand, the Appointment Booking Terms and Conditions prior to using the Brown Thomas website and placing a booking for an appointment. By using the website and the Appointment Booking feature, you agree to be bound by the Appointment Booking Terms and Conditions as well as Brown Thomas Terms & Conditions and Brown Thomas Privacy & Cookie Policies.
Booking Your Appointment
Appointment bookings are subject to availability. Certain services have an age restriction, please check with the individual brands for further details.
For appointments booked on behalf of another person, the person attending the appointment will be deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions relating to that appointment on behalf of the guest.
IMPORTANT: It is your responsibility to check all details and any restrictions in relation to a service prior to booking. This includes the disclosure of any medical or other allergy / health information. There will be an input box on the website for you to specify this information. You may be contacted by phone prior to your appointment if you include any information that would be useful to discuss prior to your appointment.
Appointment bookings are subject to availability, we suggest that you book your service with us well in advance in order to avoid disappointment.
Brown Thomas holds the right to not accept certain bookings.
In some circumstances, the services available on the Appointment Booking website are sold by our Partners and not by us. Brown Thomas are only responsible for arranging and concluding your booking and services provided directly by us. In all other circumstances, we have been appointed by our Partners to act as their commercial agent and they shall be responsible for delivering any services to you.
Payment is typically made at the department counter at the time of the appointment. When booking Online any appointment charges or minimum purchase requirements will be made clear at the time of booking, If applicable, payment will be taken in store at the time of your appointment. For any redeemable charges the amount must be redeemed on the day of your appointment and redeemed against products from the counter in which your appointment takes place. This also applies to minimum purchase requirements e.g. 2 items where the products must be purchased on the day of your appointment and from the counter in which your appointment takes place.
Payment is typically made at the department counter at the time of the appointment. Any advance payment is redeemable at the time of the appointment. If you wish to pay or deposit in advance, or gift a treatment to another person, then you should add note in the Service Selection page requesting a phone call from the sales team to enable you make a pre-payment by credit card.
Confirmation of your Booking
Once your request for an appointment has been received, we will confirm that your appointment request has been accepted by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you provide on the appointment booking website and/or an SMS, if you have submitted a contact mobile phone number.
If you have requested a specific person (e.g. artist, therapist), we will, wherever possible, do our best to accommodate you but we are unable to guarantee that your preferred person will be available.
If you are late for an appointment then your appointment time may be reduced or altered to accommodate this, but in some cases we may not be able to carry out the service at all and you will be asked to re-book your appointment and may be charged.
You may be asked to remove valuables, such as rings, prior to beginning your service. We cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to personal items.
Health & Skin Conditions
Certain services may require patch tests or pre-treatment consultations. We reserve the right to refuse to provide a service if you do not attend these pre-treatment consultations prior to your appointment.
It is your (or the person receiving the service) sole responsibility to communicate in advance any medical or health-related conditions and/or special needs to Brown Thomas or the therapist that might affect or be affected by any service (for example, any allergy information and health issues). We may be unable to carry out certain services if you are suffering any skin conditions, are taking certain medications, or have had recent tattoos or piercings. If any service is found unsuitable we will recommend an alternative, where possible, and subject to availability. If you (or the relevant recipient of the service) fail to disclose any such information to Brown Thomas or the therapist, neither Brown Thomas nor the relevant therapist shall be liable to you (or the recipient of the service) for any injury, loss or damages resulting from the service that could reasonably have been avoided if you (or the recipient of the service) had disclosed that information prior to receiving the service.
We offer a number of services specifically designed for mums-to-be. As a number of our services are unsuitable for mums-to-be, we would be appreciate if you could inform us if you are, or, think you are pregnant
Bringing Babies or Children with you
It may not be possible to provide some appointments if babies or children are present owing to health and safety regulations. Please inform us if you plan to bring a child with you to your appointment so we can advise as to whether or not we can accommodate them safely.
If you want to cancel an appointment, please try to provide at least 24 hours’ notice in advance of your appointment time. In the event of failure to arrive or a cancellation in less than 24 hours, the cost of your appointment may be charged at our sole discretion.
How To Reschedule or Cancel Your Appointment
You can reschedule or cancel your appointment (provided that rescheduling or cancellation is not prohibited by these terms and conditions) through:
- A link you will receive in your confirmation email or text message (if applicable)
- By phoning our Customer Services team on +353-1-6056666 or
- By phoning the store in which your appointment is scheduled details of which can be found on the Customer Services page of this site
We really value your privacy and our Privacy & Cookie policies set out how we may collect and use your personal data and how we look after it.
By making an appointment booking, you (or the person receiving the service) may provide us with additional personal information, including any medical or other allergy / health information that you or they disclose as part of your booking. We will treat this personal information as private and confidential in accordance with all relevant data protection or privacy legislation. We will collect and use such information in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policies, as well as these Appointment Booking Terms and Conditions. Information that you (or the person receiving the service) provide, as part of your booking, may include personal information that has enhanced rights at law and, as applicable, we will look after this information in accordance with the relevant obligations set out within these data protection laws.
We work with Qudini Ltd a carefully selected third party to process your booking and the personal information that you (or the person receiving the service) provide will be shared with them for such purposes, as well as any Partner providing the appointment service(s). We require all the third parties that we interact with to treat your personal information as securely, carefully and confidentially as we do.
We, and the Partner Brands who provide the relevant service(s) may retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to provide the best customer experience before and after your appointment. We will retain the same in accordance with relevant data protection or privacy legislation.
If, at any point, you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can request that we delete the same. Please see our Privacy & Cookie Policies for information on how to do this.
Please be aware that counter employees may contact you in relation to your appointment, using the contact details supplied.
We would like you to have the best possible experience with us and want to ensure we maintain the highest standards possible. If you would like to give us your feedback or tell us about your concerns regarding your appointment, please contact us as follows:
- By email at email@example.com
- By phoning our Customer Services team on +353 (0)818 303062; or
- By phoning the store in which your appointment is scheduled details of which can be found on the Customer Services page of this site
If you have concerns about the use of your personal data, you can contact the Brown Thomas DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The material displayed is provided by way of information only, except in relation to the description of goods available to purchase online.
- The information and materials contained in this website are provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, and liability is excluded to the fullest extent permissible under Irish Law.
- We feature products that have been carefully selected for sale on the Brown Thomas website. Once an item is sold out it will be taken off the website at the earliest opportunity and may not be available again. Prices of products may change from time to time. Goods are subject to availability. As there is a delay between the time when your order is placed, and the time when the order is accepted, the stock position relating to particular items may change. If an item you have ordered becomes out of stock before we accept the order we shall notify you as soon as possible and you will not be charged for the out of stock items.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the rate appropriate and correct at the time of entering the information on to the system. Prices may change and offers may be withdrawn at any time.
- Sterling prices are calculated based on a market exchange rate and are subject to change as this rate moves.
- Although we try to ensure all our prices displayed on our website are accurate, errors may sometimes occur. If we discover an error in the price of an item you have ordered we will contact you as soon as possible. You will have the option to reconfirm your order at the correct price or cancel it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order in respect of the incorrectly priced item as cancelled.
- Brown Thomas endeavours to ensure that all merchandise offered on the website is available at the same price in all our stores. However, from time to time we may offer additional discounts for purchases from Brown Thomas online that do not apply in stores, or vice versa. Additionally, items offered as sets on this site may not be offered as part of a set within stores and individual prices may apply.
- The information, content, graphics, text, sound, images, buttons, trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos (the “Materials”) contained in this website are protected by copyright, trade mark, database right, sui generis right and other intellectual property laws under national laws and international treaties.
- Copyright and other intellectual property rights in any communications, ideas, or other materials submitted or offered to us by you through, on or by this website, unless specifically requested by us, shall become our property. You agree that submissions by you to this website must not risk infringing any right of any third party and in addition, you agree that no submissions by you to this website will be or contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material or constitute an invasion of privacy. As such, you are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any submissions you make to the website.
- You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download such material and content for the purpose of using this website. Accordingly, we suggest that you do not use the Brown Thomas website to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
- Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of the Brown Thomas website.
Registering and using the Brown Thomas website may involve you setting up an account and giving a password. You are fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and the password, and all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account or password and any breach of security or misuse or suspected breach of security or misuse of the service, and ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session if you use a shared computer. Brown Thomas cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this.
- Please choose carefully the information you post on the Brown Thomas website and that you provide to other users. You must not misuse the Brown Thomas website. You will not: send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications to users (such as spam); upload viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other malicious code; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence; use the Brown Thomas website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory; facilitate or encourage any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, edit or refuse to post any content and to remove any content from the Brown Thomas website, whether or not the content is expressly prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
- Brown Thomas community areas are subject to the following Community Area Rules:
- Brown Thomas advises you not to reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else that would allow you to be identified including but not limited to: telephone number, home address, business address, delivery address or email address.
- Brown Thomas reserves the right to close user accounts if we believe a user is using proxy Internet Protocol addresses (IPs) as a method to hide the use of multiple accounts or to disrupt any of our services in any way. If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community we may take action against you and close your accounts.
- By submitting any material to us, you automatically grant Brown Thomas a royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive right and license to use, modify, edit, adapt, publish, re-use, translate, distribute, perform and display such material in whole or part worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
- You acknowledge that we are not obliged to publish any material submitted by you.
- By submitting any material to us, you agree to use the Brown Thomas website and Community areas in accordance with these Community Area Rules and website Terms and Conditions.
- If you fail to abide by these Community Area Rules you may be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts. Action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or the entire Brown Thomas website.
- Brown Thomas reserves the right to edit or delete any contribution, or take action against any user account, at any time, for any reason.
- If you do not want to grant Brown Thomas the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution on the Brown Thomas website community area.
- The Brown Thomas website is available to all users “as is” without any representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Brown Thomas makes no representations, warranties or undertakings about any of the materials on this website (including without limitation their accuracy, their completeness or their merchantability, quality or fitness for any particular purpose) or any content of or information on any other website referred to or accessed by hypertext link or otherwise through this website or from which this website is referred to or accessed by hypertext link or otherwise.
- Brown Thomas shall not be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the material on this website, the performance of the product purchased through the website, the conduct of other users of this website and/or facilities or services offered through this website even if Brown Thomas has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The Brown Thomas website may also contain links to other websites, which are not operated by Brown Thomas. When you activate any of these you will leave the brownthomas.com website and we have no control over, and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of, the material on any website which is not under our control.
- You agree to indemnify us and our agents and officers, directors and employees, immediately on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you.
- We may terminate your use of the website immediately if we consider that you have breached these Terms and Conditions.
Please contact us if you have any comments or complaints.
For online queries contact Brown Thomas Online Customer Services team on +353 (0)818 303062 or email@example.com and for store queries please contact our stores:
- Brown Thomas Dublin on +353 (0)1 605 6666
- Brown Thomas Cork on + 353 (0)21 480 5555
- Brown Thomas Limerick on + 353 (0)61 417 222
- Brown Thomas Galway on + 353 (0)91 565 254
We will always endeavour to resolve any dispute as swiftly as possible.
Please see below link to the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution Platform - http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
- You must not establish a link to this website to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists or establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Our website must not be framed on any other site, and you may not create a link to any part of this website other than the home page.
The website is controlled and operated in Ireland. Any terms and conditions concerning the usage of this website will be governed by the laws of Ireland and any dispute concerning use of this website will be determined exclusively by the Irish Courts.
Brown Thomas is a trading name of Brown Thomas and Co Limited, a private company limited by shares, registered in Ireland under company number 1407, registered office 88-95 Grafton Street, Dublin 2. Registered VAT number 8V56031J.
The Brown Thomas Gift Card Terms and Conditions
- The Brown Thomas Gift Card is not a credit card, charge card, or cheque guarantee card.
- Valid Brown Thomas gift cards may only be used as full or part payment for goods in Brown Thomas and BT2 stores in Ireland.
- Please see the reverse of The Brown Thomas Gift Card for expiry date details, when any unused value will be lost. Validity can be extended in-store prior to expiry.
- Brown Thomas Group reserves the right to decline any gift card which has not been validly activated according to our procedures.
- The gift card is non-refundable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- The gift card cannot be used for making Brown Thomas MasterCard payments.
- Any residual balance on the gift card following purchase of goods will remain on the gift card while the gift card is valid, to apply towards future purchases.
- Brown Thomas Group expressly excludes all liability for lost stolen and damaged gift cards.
- Brown Thomas Group reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
Online Gift Card Orders
- If you have a query about a Gift Card order please contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +353 (0)818 303062.
- Correspondence Address: 2nd floor, 21 -26 Annes Lane, South Anne St, Dublin 2.
- Our Gift Card Returns and Refund policy complies with EU distance-selling regulations (2000), which outlines your rights to cancel your order.
- If you wish to cancel an order, written notice by email must be given within 7 working days after the day an item is received.
- We will only offer a refund as long as Gift Cards are sent back in their original condition, are unused and unopened in their original packaging.
- In accordance with EU law, the cost of both original and return postage and packing shall be borne by the customer and deducted from any refund.
- Refunds will be paid within 30 days of receiving the written notice of cancellation.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
- We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any of these Terms and Conditions are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue to have full force and effect.
- We will not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in other situations where you are in breach.
- Brown Thomas reserves the right to amend, remove or vary the Services and/or any page of this Website at any time and without notice.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Brown Thomas. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will only be effective if in writing and signed by a Director of Brown Thomas.
Brown Thomas Arnotts Limited, Registered in Ireland with registration number 1407
92 Grafton Street,
Dublin 2, Ireland.
For online queries please contact Brown Thomas Online Customer Services team on +353 (0)818 303062 or email@example.com.
- For store queries please contact our stores directly:
- Brown Thomas Dublin on +353 (0)1 605 6666,
- Brown Thomas Cork on + 353 (0)21 480 5555,
- Brown Thomas Limerick on + 353 (0)61 417 222
- Brown Thomas Galway on + 353 (0)91 565254.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires producers to be responsible for the financing of the treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal of WEEE from 13 August 2005. It means that final users of such household WEEE are entitled to leave that waste back free of charge, either to retail outlets in instances where a replacement item is purchased, or other authorised collection points, including local authority civic amenity sites, from that date onwards.
As in line with the Environmental Production Agency (EPA), you can bring back waste EEE (WEEE) and waste batteries to Brown Thomas free of charge. Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) is taken back free of charge on a one-for-one, like-for-like basis. Please go to the Home and Electrical areas in any Brown Thomas store to return. Brown Thomas Producer Registration Number is 00452WB.
Returns & Collection: Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) is taken back free of charge on a one-for-one, like-for-like basis. Waste batteries including rechargeable batteries are taken back free of charge. You are not obliged to make any purchase when returning old batteries. Each local authority must also accept household WEEE and small batteries free of charge at its recycling facilities. All WEEE and waste batteries must be recycled and should not be placed in any of your household wheelie bins. Make sure you always recycle all your old electrical goods and batteries.
Visible Environmental Management Costs (vEMCs) have been re-introduced since the 1st July 2014 for the following categories:
Category 1.1 (€10) - American Side by Side/American Style Refrigerators;
Category 1.2, 1.2a and 1.3 (€5) - All large domestic appliances;
Category 4.1 (€5) - large TVs (32” or larger);
Category 5.1 (€0.15 ) - fluorescent lamps; and
Category 5.2 (€0.05) - LED light sources.
Please see WEEE Ireland for more details
- These terms and conditions are appended to and superseded by any specific terms and conditions published alongside the competition.
- Entry into the competition is free and no purchase is necessary unless stated otherwise in the specific terms of the competition.
- Employees, ex-employees (and their families) of Brown Thomas, third parties and all agencies connected to this competition are not eligible to enter.
- Winners will be drawn at random from all entries received. The decision will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- One entry per registered user. Brown Thomas takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, illegible or non-received entries. Entries must be received by any mechanism described as necessary to enter the competition.
- Entry costs (where applicable) are as advertised. Entrants are liable for their costs to access telephone, mobile or computer networks.
- Unless otherwise stated, entries must arrive by the published closing date for the competition. Entries received after this time will be disqualified. Brown Thomas may, at its discretion, extend the closing date without prior notice.
- All entries, photographs or other matter submitted as part of a competition entry shall become the property and the copyright of Brown Thomas. Brown Thomas reserves the right to transmit them all or in part or use them in any way it thinks fit without the permission of the entrant or payment for such use.
- Except where it is expressly stated that the winner will be the first correct entry or entries drawn at random from the total entries submitted. Other prizes will be awarded in accordance with the order of priority stated with the competition.
- Brown Thomas reserves the right to change the rules or void the competition at any time.
- In the event of a printing or broadcast error (obvious or otherwise), which affects the competition in any way, Brown Thomas reserves the right to administer the competition as though the error had not occurred, having informed the entrants, through the original media, of the original text.
- Winner(s) of prizes may be published on the Brown Thomas website or other Brown Thomas ‘marketing’ channels. Names of winners and results of competitions will be available on request, enclosing a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Brown Thomas Corporate Offices, 4th Floor, 21 - 26 Anne's Lane, South Anne Street, Dublin 2.
- Prize is as stated. There is no cash alternative in any circumstances whatsoever to the prizes offered. Prizes are not transferable unless otherwise stated. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Brown Thomas reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Please allow 28 days for delivery of all prizes.
- In some competitions, entry may be restricted to entrants of eighteen years and over. However, where there is no age limit or other restriction of entrants in Brown Thomas competitions, in accordance with Rule 18, Brown Thomas will not offer an alternative prize to any winner (such as a minor), who for any reason whatsoever is prevented from receiving or making use of the prize offered. Entrants under the age of 18 should seek permission from the bill payer before making an entry via website, phone or mobile phone, and must have permission from their parent or guardian.
- If the winner of a competition is unable to take up a prize for any reason, Brown Thomas reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
- If no response is received by the winner(s) of the prize, Brown Thomas may dispose of the prize as it thinks fit, without any liability to the winner(s) for having done so.
- All winners are required to cooperate with Brown Thomas to publicise their win as Brown Thomas deems appropriate.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules will disqualify an entry from taking part in the competition. Brown Thomas reserves the right to disqualify any entry at its absolute discretion.
- The decision of Brown Thomas is final in all matters concerning a competition. It is a condition of entry to the competition that the entrant agrees to be bound by these, in particular that the decisions of Brown Thomas and judges on any matter whatsoever arising out of or connected with the competition are final.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, the winner(s) will be required to complete all appropriate or applicable booking or other formalities direct with such provider. Brown Thomas will have no responsibility for the acts or defaults of any other persons.
- The personal details supplied by entrants will only be used for the purpose of the competition entered unless entrants indicate otherwise upon entering the competition.
- The prize is not in conjunction with any other offers, and no cash alternative will be provided.
- The promoter is Brown Thomas.